The Celtic Shoppe
354 East Campbell Ave.
Campbell, CA 95008
We are open:
The Celtic Shoppe is the Bay Areas premier source for Irish, Welsh, Scottish and British heritage clothing, jewelry, and artifacts.
Owners Cathy and Louis provide expert research and sourcing of authentic and representative products for your clan/family.
Traditionally the Scottish Quaich, a shallow cup with two handles, is used as a "Cup of Welcome", and may be offered as a farewell drink.
Heart-shaped brooches, in vogue in the 1700s, were traditionally exchanged between lovers at betrothal. They were subsequently pinned to a babys shawl to protect the child from evil spirits. The name comes from their sales in the Luckenbooths (locked booths) around St. Giles Cathedral on the Royal Mile in Edinburgh.
Events in Campbell
· Sundays 9a-1p Farmers Market all year
· First Fridays in Downtown Campbell
· Wagging Wednesday - Dog Nights - 6-8pm
· Art Walks in Downtown Campbell 3rd Fridays each month
· Sundown Cinema Summer outdoor movie series. Friday evenings for ten weekly showings beginning 29 June 2012. www.downtowncampbell.com/sundowncinema
· Campbell Summer Concerts Thursday nights 21 June to 23 August, 6:30-8p. (Chairs and towels only. No blankets or lawn tarps.)
There's always something going on in downtown Campbell !
On-hand At The
· Harris Tweed and Donegal Tweed caps
· Poly Kilts - Black Watch, Douglas, Heritage of Ireland, Hamilton Grey, Royal Stewart, Freedom of Scotland
· All-wool Kilts may be ordered in your family tartan or one of the 32 counties of Ireland
· All wool blankets (54x72) available in several Clan Tartans
· Mohair blankets
· Wood carvings The Green Man, Celtic Crosses, Boars, Butterflies and other Celtic designs.
· Worsted-wool ties 32 counties of Ireland, Clans of Scotland
· Brushed wool scarves in Clans of Scotland (11x54), Counties of Ireland (10x48 & 11x54), provinces of Canada, Welsh family names
· Flags Ireland, Irish Harp, Scotland (Lion), Scotland (Cross), Wales, Isle of Man, Northen Irelenad, Great Britain
· Kilt accessories belt and buckle, Sporrans, hose, Flashes, Gillies, Sgian Dbus, Shirts
· Linen handkerchiefs
· Tea towels
· Royal Tara
· Claddagh rings and knotwork
· Wedding bands
· Earrings and pendants
· Hats and caps
· Hand knit sweaters, capes
Please send us an e-mail or call us with any questions about
tartans, heritage, names and products.
2012 Event Calendar
- Visit the Celtic Shoppe booth at the following events. Dates believed accurate. Watch this space for changes.
7-8 July 2012 - 45th annual Monterey Scottish Games and Celtic Festival will return to the Monterey County Fairgrounds in Monterey
1-2 Sept 2012 Caledonian Club of San Francisco Games and Gathering at Alameda County Fairgrounds in Pleasanton
15 Sept 2012 Fresno Highland Gathering & Games at Kearney Park in Fresno.
29 Sept 2012 Dixon Highland Games and Gathering at Dixon Mae Fairgrounds in Dixon.
13-14 October 2012 Seaside Highland Games at Seaside Park in Ventura County Fairgrounds, 10 Harbor Blvd., Ventura. 9a-5p each day.
20-21 October 2012 All Hallows Fantasy Faire at Mother Lode Fairgrounds in Sonora. www.allhallowsfaire.com/13chambers.html
Fred Cormiser - 408-726-6644
Bruce Cotter - 408-978-9745
Andrew Duncan Johnstone
Scottish and Irish Pipes
650-964-5279 / 650-391-5546
Phil Lenahan - 408-996-8302
Burr Nissen, Susan Nissen
Ryan Parker - 408-239-3470
Will Sutherland 408-353-3338
Susanne MacDougal 408-866-8298
Update 21 June 2012 Grapevine Consulting